[Feedback] New Amarok Logo Coloring

David Baker davidbaker84 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 30 08:25:57 UTC 2007

> Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 12:38:37 +0300
> From: emunkki at sci.fi
> To: sitter.harald at gmail.com
> CC: davidbaker84 at hotmail.com; amarok at kde.org
> Subject: Re: [Feedback] New Amarok Logo Coloring
>
> Harald Sitter wrote:
> > On Sunday 29 July 2007 01:09:30 davidbaker84 at hotmail.com wrote:
> >
> >> Dave Baker sent a message using the contact form at
> >> http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.
> >>
> >> The SVN log message for r692273 asked for feedback on the new logo
> >> coloring, so I'll add mine. The color is fine for the body of the logo but
> >> I think it makes the circle around the edge too bold, which gives too much
> >> focus to the border and detracts from the main logo.
> >>
> The strokes on both the logo and icon are the same width than they were
> before - I've only changed the colors. On the other hand, the stroke in
> the simplified version I made for small (if not tiny) sizes is
> intentionally made a much wider - to look good on the sizes we're
> showing it on.

Ah, that's interesting - I'd assumed the strokes were the same width in all of them. The one I noticed first and most prominently was the tiny icon that goes in the system tray where the border, I think, really does look too wide. I'd be interested to see what it looked like with the border width kept the same and just the colours changed.

Dave