Amarok not adding newly added files to my collection

Harald Sitter harald at getamarok.com
Sun Jul 22 16:14:16 UTC 2007

On Sunday 22 July 2007 17:42:35 Frederik Himpe wrote:
> I'm clearly not the only one having trouble with Amarok's collection
> scanner then. Can somebody of the developers comment on this, how we
> could help debugging this further? This seems like a showstopper to fix
> for 1.4.7...

I don't consider 2 reports as a showstopper.

Anyway, letz digg into the problem:
* What distribution are you using?
* What filesystem are you using?
* What database are you using?
* How did you install Amarok?
* Please compile with ... --enable-debug=full ... and have a look whether
 Amarok outputs anything useful to STDOUT. Also you might want to try
 amarokcollectionscanner -r "/mnt/Music/Pearl Jam/"

--
Harald Sitter
Amarok team        Rokymotion division     EMail: harald at getamarok.com
amarok.kde.org     rokymotion.pwsp.net     Jabber: apachelogger at kdetalk.net