IMPORTANT SUGGESTIONS FROM COMMUNITY

Ethereal Anonymous etherealtrash at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 18 12:58:48 UTC 2007

Hi dear Amarok development team,

In the name of many Amarok users, here are some ideas (that you have
certainly already received, but we never know) :

-Batch / Mutiple file tagging support !!!! Why cannot we tag multiple files
or an entire album with MusicBrainz, or from filename / filescheme ??? That
is probably the WORST THING IN AMAROK !!!

-Configuration of cover download : save location (i.e. Album dir, not just
Amarok DB), dynamic name (%album, %artist, %format, etc.), different formats
(at least PNG and JPG).

-Transcoding : Amarok supports audio burning through K3B, but why doesn't it
support SoundKonverter (or Gnormalize, XCFA...) as well ? There is some
plugins for transcoding, but they are not really well implemented. Would be
nice to do it, with a dynamic support of different codecs, just like
SoundKonverter does.
Trancoding feature could allow to convert a playlist while reorganizing it
into the collection, if the transcoding options allow to change dynamically
the destination, like your very well done file organizer.

Less important stuff :

-Improved stats system with more details, and a chart view.

-Read bar is too small. Analyser bar is too big. Perhaps it would be a great
idea to exchange their places.

We all hope you will take care those wishes.

Thanks for your great work !