Xine, amarok, kaffeine incompatibility

Aleksander Kamenik aleksander at krediidiinfo.ee
Tue Jul 17 08:40:20 UTC 2007

Donn Washburn wrote:

> That is a shame!  I guess also because Fedora/Red Hat use gnome and not
> KDE.

Fedora has had Gnome as it's default for several releases, but it has
never removed KDE. Choose KDE during install or add it later! I have
used all Fedora releases with KDE including the latest one, always fully
supported and up to date.

As mentioned earlier

yum install xine-lib-extras-nonfree

from livna repo will give you mp3 and more.

Although I'm waiting for gstreamer to come back for Amarok. It's the
only way as far as I know to play Monkey's APE files.

Sorry for the OT.

The GP's problem.

I have no idea what the problem is, but you can always wrap a script or
alias or whatever around amarok that will remove the xine config.

--
Aleksander Kamenik
system administrator
aleksander at krediidiinfo.ee