[Feedback] Amarok is so KDE

Christoph Spielmann spielc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 08:25:49 UTC 2007

Seb Ruiz schrieb:
> On 17/07/07, vongola15 at libero.it <vongola15 at libero.it> wrote:
>
>> Andrea sent a message using the contact form at
>> http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.
>>
>> I know Amarok is the best app for kde and I love it, but it is not very
>> good-looking in gnome because of kde libs.
>> I may seem a fool, but is it so difficult to make the user choose to use
>> gtk libs or kde ones?
>>

> Absolutely impossible.
>
> You can give kde apps a gtk style though.

Probably a bit off-topic but there exists a amarok-clone written in
gtk:  Exaile. It's still in early development phase so expect to
experience bugs and shortcomings when you use it.

To get back to the topic at hand: GTK is SO different from QT such that
it's almost impossible to have applications that look native on both
Gnome and KDE