Very strange problem

Christian Welzel gawain at camlann.de
Mon Jul 9 08:42:06 UTC 2007

Hi there!

Yesterday i had a very strange problem with amarok. 3-4 days ago im imported
all my music into itunes on windows (and had the manage music folder option
switched on) and after that, itunes reorganized my folder structure. so far so
good.
after that i installed amarok on kde with the same musik folder on disc. i
noticed, that many tracks were not id3-tagged so i did this the last 2 days.
(musicbrainz is great!) i used the "organize files" option of amarok to get
proper filenames. it worked well.
then i reimported all files to itunes again (forgot to disable folder
management of itunes) and it reorganised the files again. dammit! but no
problem i tagged all files! let amarok reorganize them again...
i told amarok to rebuild the database. that worked. after that i marked all
tracks (ctrl-a) in the library and selected "manage 2084 files". amarok
started to do something.
and now comes the strange part: mostly all tracks got wrong names and folders!
The tracks of Rammstein had the names of Dido, Eminem's tracks were now
named as if they were Blind Guardian, Metallica got renamed to Johnny Cash,
and many other strange renamings (i would guess 80% of all tracks got wrong
names). But the id3 tags in the files were all right afterwards.
After an whole hour trying to fix this i switched back to itunes and its
folder management. I renamed all files again (now to their correct names)
and i could reimport them into amarok...

so does someone has any idea what happend there?

--
 MfG, Christian Welzel

  GPG-Key:     http://www.camlann.de/key.asc
  Fingerprint: 4F50 19BF 3346 36A6 CFA9 DBDC C268 6D24 70A1 AD15