Magnatune Integration

Robert Morrison orbert at orbert.net
Wed Jan 31 16:40:19 UTC 2007

I'm running Amarok 1.4.3 on Kubuntu 6.10 (KDE 3.5.5). I'm still
a relatively new Amarok user. I spent
some time yesterday (more than I'd like to admit) looking for
the Magnatune integration in my copy of Amarok. Found no sign
of it. While searching for docs and background, I found a thread
on an opensuse list that indicates that the devs for that
distro had removed the Magnatune support from their distribution
intentionally. [1]

I'm trying to determine if Kubuntu has also removed the Magnatune
integration intentionally. (I've downloaded the source [2], but
since I'm not familiar with it it will take me a while to find
the relevant sections).

So my immediate question for this list is: is there a way I can
tell immediately in the Amarok 1.4.3 interface whether or not
the Magnatune integration is present?

Thanks,
Robert

[1] http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2006-11/msg00224.html