Bug in amarokcollectionscanner *** stack smashing detected *** on Ubuntu edgy

Leandro Marco leandromarco at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 04:00:16 UTC 2007

Hi. I use amarok 1.4.4 on Ubuntu Edgy
I can't scan my database and build my collection. There are some files
with encoding problens (names with acents), but I rename them
manually. Even they appearing correctly in konqueror or when I use ls,
 amarok gives me errors and list files with messed names. (after
running debbuging I could see that apparently what really causes the
problem is a Real media file, but other errors are listed).

All the files are local.

So I entered in the amarok IRC channel. andrewt512 and markey asked me
to compile amarok enabling debug and run amarokcollectionscanner
inside gdb. They also said that it's a ubuntu specific problem with
their GCC. That all packages are built with "stack smashing
protection" and this makes the scanner unreliable.

I am sending the backtrace.

--
Leandro
"Use Free Software!. Help us make a Free World!"

O que é o Software Livre?
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.pt.html