Recordlabel + Discogs patch

Mart van Santen mart at samage.net
Wed Jan 3 21:02:33 UTC 2007

Hello,

Sometime ago I read in this list someone in need for
recordlabel/publisher support in amarok.

(see: http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/amarok/2006-September/001253.html)

Anyway, as I also did and didn't find a working patch yet, I created one
by myself. Although I know the latest version (svn) will support
customlabels, I think this patch maybe is a better solution for at least
some persons on this planet.

What is the appropiate place to publish this patch, just on this mailing
list or on some other place?

What it does:
- Add three new columns, 'record label', 'catalog', 'discogs',
- Add new function in collectionbrower to sort on 'record label'
- Add new fields to tag editor to edit these fields
- Add some notice in the context menu about these labels
- Add function to collectionscanner to read and write these fields into
the db.

What it doesn't:
- Added field for discogs release number, so it can be used ala the
wikepedia browser, this is not implemented fully yet..

Warning:
- Patch far from perfect. but usable
- Only tested with MySQL interface on linux/ubuntu
- Needs a few adjustments to MySQL tables
- Patch is against 1.4.4
- Uses 3 new mp3-tags, only 1 is official (TPUB)

Well. if anyone is interested let me know..

Regards,

Mart van Santen

--
Deze email is ondertekend met een digitale handtekening en staat in het
bestand 'signature.asc'. Voor meer informatie over deze handtekening