Musicovery - some ideas for v2?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Feb 28 09:51:14 UTC 2007

Ljubomir Simin wrote:
> From my POV the hardest thing to do would be getting data about individual
> tracks. There is no way one would tag it's entire collection, and even then
> it's too easy to loose it, like with labels or ratings.

I was quietly (and ignorantly) hoping that we could in some way use the
moodbar data to get a rough idea of the "kind" of track it is. While
most people will happily tag Genre, I doubt, as you mention, that warm,
soft, hard, energetic etc. will be labeled with any care. So if it
doesn't work automagically with moodbar, perhaps we can convince last.fm
or musicbrainz to start holding that degree of metadata too, such that
it's automagic?

Col