Musicovery - some ideas for v2?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Feb 28 01:09:01 UTC 2007

Ljubomir Simin wrote:
> On Monday 26 February 2007 02:11, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> Just seen this on BBC News 24's Click program. I've not investigated it
>> very closely but it looks kinda nice.
>>
>> Perhaps we could use the moodbar code to provide the automated creation
>> of a similarly useful type of interface.
>>
>> http://www.musicovery.com/
>
> This rocks! %)

Ahh glad someone responded :)

I thought so too. While I don't think a UI like this should go into
Amarok v2 core, could the devs make sure they provide the necessary
interface via DBUS (gonna stop referring to DCOP now), such that this
kinda UI would be possible as a sister project? Perhaps even using the
common DBUS API for audio apps!!! (tho' perhaps this last desire is a
tad over ambitious!).

Col.