Amarok freezes when entering "

Thu Feb 22 20:33:00 UTC 2007

Am Donnerstag, 22. Februar 2007 19:48 schrieb Erik Hovland:
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 10:33:11AM -0800, Erik Hovland wrote:

> > > I'm guessing that was just a coincidence for the SuSE user. The more
> > > likely culprit is sqlite.
> > >
> > > I forget whether Gentoo uses the bundled sqlite or not. Anyways you
> > > could see if an update is availabe for your sqlite.
> >
> > For that matter, then it is likely that instead of doing an xine-lib
> > remerge a sqlite remerge (or upgrade) would be more appropriate.
>
> I searched through my gentoo install of amarok 1.4.5 and found no link
> to sqlite so it is probably using the amarok internal build. Probably my
> suggestion won't help.

amarok does not depend on sqlite, according to "equery d sqlite".
The music continue playing when amarok has freezed, so I don't think a
re-emerge of xine-lib will help. Anyways I tried.

I did a:

horus florian # emerge -pv sqlite xine-lib amarok

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R   ] dev-db/sqlite-3.3.5-r1  USE="-debug -doc -nothreadsafe -tcl"
0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/xine-lib-1.1.3  USE="X a52 aac alsa arts dvd mad
nls opengl sdl truetype vorbis win32codecs xv -aalib
(-altivec) -debug -directfb -dts -dxr3 -esd -fbcon -flac -gnome -gtk -imagemagick -ipv6 -libcaca -mmap -mng -modplug -oss -pulseaudio -speex -theora -v4l -vcd -vidix -xinerama -xvmc"
0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-sound/amarok-1.4.5-r1  USE="aac arts ipod kde
musicbrainz opengl
real -daap -debug -ifp -mtp -mysql -njb -noamazon -postgres -visualization -xinerama"
0 kB

Total: 3 packages (3 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 0 kB

(I've removed the LINGUAS form amarok for better readability

of course without the -p (pretend).

but this has changed nothing.

Regards,

Florian