Planning for 2.0

Rich rich at hq.vsaa.lv
Mon Feb 19 08:13:12 UTC 2007

Dan Meltzer wrote:
> At Sunday 18 February 2007 4:32 am, you wrote:
>> On Sunday 18 February 2007 00:52, Dan Meltzer wrote:
>>> TO USERS: What features do you think 2.0 should have that 1.4.5 doesn't?
>> Please, guys. At this point it's not useful to have user input. We value your
>> ideas, but most of them are already in bugs.kde.org.
>
> Theres nothing wrong with soliciting ideas.  Sure we are going to get the same things over and over, but maybe someone will come up with a good new idea that hasn't been bugged/requested.  We can always sort out the chaff from the wheat, and ignore the silly ideas :)

what about the suggested wiki for 2.0 ideas ? could both reduce list
traffic a bit and keep ideas in an organised manner :)

i'll simply list my top 2 wishes and try to avoid repeating things that
have already been said :)
ok. after reading whole thread, it boiled down to top 1 ;)

1. good collection sharing support (including headless scanner, separate
statistics for each user etc). this would require thinking about such
support while designing the db, i guess...
  Rich