Planning for 2.0

Dan Meltzer hydrogen at notyetimplemented.com
Sun Feb 18 22:40:52 UTC 2007

On Sunday 18 February 2007 3:10:53 pm Daniel Faust wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 18. Februar 2007 04:06 schrieb Alexandre Oliveira:
> > 8) Interface
> > Here, I think we should try out some ideas. Mockups are welcome.
>
> So, here are some ideas:
> http://kaligames.de/temp/amarok-0.png - the context browser is good this
> way
I don't see many differences.

> http://kaligames.de/temp/amarok-1.png - when searching the collection,
> there should be more space and more information about the tracks in the
> collection
Here is where my first problem lays, your mockup essentialyl requires users to
have amarok maximized in order to not do huge amounts of scrolling.  You can
already enable all the columns, so what exactly do you want?
> http://kaligames.de/temp/amarok-2.png - maybe a more colorful,
> additional collection view

Sorry, but I don't get the point.

> http://kaligames.de/temp/amarok-3.png - make managing playlists more
> powerful and put the media devices there

I do not see how media devices relate to playlists at all, one is a collection
media, the other is a list of files.

> http://kaligames.de/temp/amarok-4.png - group all the network orientated
> stuff and give it more space (for further improvements)

This Is the only thing I kind of agree with, though the way you mocked it up
is ugly.