SVN build fails

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 15:56:28 UTC 2007

On 2/16/07, Andreas <linuxdreas at dslextreme.com> wrote:
> The configure script runs without an error message, but make throws an error:
> "ERROR:amarok/src/Makefile.am: You cannot use Qt 4 .ui-files with Qt/KDE 3!
> Please use a Qt 4-based build system."
>
> That's on an openSUSE 10.2 system.
>

> --
> Gruß
> Andreas

After the release of Amarok 1.4.5 we started porting trunk to
KDE4/Qt4. Because of this you need to set up a KDE4 environment to
build Amarok. Be aware though that the SVN trunk version of Amarok is
currently not in a usable state and is only interesting if you are a
developer. I would recommend that you either stay with the official
1.4.5 build or checkout the stable branch of Amarok if you really wish
to build from SVN. (There are currently very few differences between
stable branch and the 1.4.5 release so it is most likely not worth the
trouble)

- Nikolaj