possible bug in spectrum analyzer visualization

Sean T. Stevenson cast55 at telus.net
Tue Feb 13 03:47:34 UTC 2007

I realize that the spectrum analyzer at the bottom of the window is intended
to be a bit of eye candy and not really a useful analysis tool, but I
happened to notice when I had this running next to an actual real time
analyzer that the frequency response shown in Amarok was shifted
(compressed?) to the left in comparison to the RTA.  I immediately thought of
two possible reasons for this:

1)  The frequency window is incorrect (Should be in the neighbourhood of 20 -
20000 Hz), or
2) The distribution displayed in Amarok is linear, when in fact it should be
logarithmic.

Check this?

-Sean