New here

J Sloan joe at tmsusa.com
Sat Feb 10 18:47:28 UTC 2007

I'm not sure which distro you're using, but a quick fix is:

1. Visit http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html
2. Download the linux drivers and follow the steps

Basically you issue the command "init 3" as root, log in to the terminal as
root and run the nvidia installer you downloaded, then type "exec init 5" to
end that session and re-launch the GUI.

If you're using a distro which has a way of automagically installing the
drivers, by all means use that method instead.