New here

J Sloan joe at tmsusa.com
Fri Feb 9 23:36:40 UTC 2007

Donn Washburn wrote:
> Direct from a NEW install and a SuSE 10.2 RPM I get in a xterm about the
> same
> onn at m1l:~> amarok
> Amarok: [Loader] Starting amarokapp..
> Amarok: [Loader] Don't run gdb, valgrind, etc. against this binary! Use
> amarokapp.
> amarokapp: error while loading shared libraries: libmp4v2.so.0: cannot
> open shared object file:    No such file or directory

Very different error there - you're simply missing libmp4v2 - odd, since
that would have been installed automagically if you used one of the
excellent package managers to install amarok from e.g. the guru
repository. Are you by chance running a home-made install of amarok from
a downloaded tarball?

I'm running the amarok-1.4.5-guru package on 4 different suse 10.1 and
10.2 boxes, all good.

Joe