Fullscreen-Interface and Amarok 2.0

James Heaver james at heaver.org
Wed Feb 7 11:53:27 UTC 2007

On 07/02/07, Marcel Urech <stokedfish at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 07 February 2007 12:00:31 amarok-request at kde.org wrote:
>
> > ok, I agree but this feature should be in "extension" not in
> amarok-core. I
> > would use it 3-4 times a year than ;]
> >
> > In Amarok 2.0 there are going to be extensions like in Firefox so it is
> > good place for that sort of features.
>
> What does it matter whether you call it plugin or extension?
> It would still be external and you'd still be ignoring your user's
> demand...

Perhaps we approach this in a different way.

For me scripts seem a bit of a dark art.  I've not invested the time to
discover what scripts are out there which I might find useful, so for me any
functionality that is provided by scripts is essentially non-existant.
Maybe this is what needs to be tackled.  Make the availability and
discoverability of extensions much better.

Rather than making the features of this script, or that extension part of
the core perhaps we should make extensions as a whole a part of the core
amarok experience.
When you first install Amarok you set up your media library, plug in your
last.fm details etc etc AND go download your chosen extensions.  Make it a
matter of course and a central part of Amarok.

James