xine engine failure

Donn Washburn n5xwb at hal-pc.org
Wed Feb 7 03:57:08 UTC 2007

Hey Group;

After one of SuSE's Update screw ups now xine audio is not working with
Amarok.  So, in an effort to fix the problem I have downloaded and
compiled libvisual 4 and plugins, xine-lib 1.1.4 and xine.gui. All "make
check"s worked and I installed all of them - still amarok fails to see
xine audio.  Also Amarok 1.4.5 is still failing to compile in /libvisual

Anyone have a clue?

Also SuSE users DO NOT download via the Update system libzypp.so.209.0.5
or atleast refuse to let it remove things.  That disaster is likely to
cause a complete reload.

running amarokapp from a xterm

:~> amarokapp
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::insertKAccel( kaccel = 0x8095cc8 ):
KAccel object already contains an action name "play_pause"
QLayout "unnamed" added to QVBox "unnamed", which already has a layout
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::insertKAccel( kaccel = 0x8095cc8 ):
KAccel object already contains an action name "play_pause"
QLayout: Adding KToolBar/mainToolBar (child of QVBox/unnamed) to layout
for PlaylistWindow/PlaylistWindow
STARTUP

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email: " n5xwb at hal-pc.org "

Did you know?
The transistor was invented by three white men.