Overlap

Rich rich at hq.vsaa.lv
Tue Feb 6 18:27:51 UTC 2007

Alan Peterson wrote:
> Hello from Washington DC.
>
> I did not see this question posed in the FAQs: Is amaroK capable of overlapping playback, much the way a radio station would segue without interruption from cut-to-cut?

that would probably be crossfading in amarok. you can enable that from
settings->configure amarok, playback section.
note that you either must have audiocard with hardware mixing or dmix
set up for this to work correctly.
also, make sure to try crossfading with 1.4.5 - there have been a lot of
fixes for crossfading in latest version.

> If so, is there a way to affix an EOM flag to a file so a segue happens at a predictable point in the playback?

i haven't heard of such a possibility, at least in amarok itself.

--
  Rich