1.4.5 Packages

Niklas Nylund ninylund at abo.fi
Tue Feb 6 09:45:01 UTC 2007

A small hint, if nothing else from a marketing stand point there
should be packages available when there is a new release. Right now
going to the homepage and clicking "Download Amarok" doesn't show any
links to packages for Kubuntu, openSuse, Mandrive, Gentoo or Fedora.
I suppose most people don't compile from source and to those people
might be disappointed when they come to the web page and look for the
new version.

I guess it might be a bit difficult to organise this but if it isn't
possible there should at least be a note somewhere saying that the
packages are coming. Would it be better to next time give the package
maintainers some extra time also to make packages before announcing
the new version publicly?

Niklas Nylund