Confirm, Amarok 1.4.5?

Dr. Diesel dr.diesel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 01:16:49 UTC 2007

Ok, some more info.  It will work from whichever machine built to collection.

Example

Database in on the server, machine A.  Client B is remote.

If I build the collection with machine A (which has the DB) no problems.

If I build the collection with machine B (machine A has the DB) works
no problems but breaks machine A.

If I go back and rebuild the collection with machine A, it breaks machine B.

I have tried with a 100% clean system/config files.

On each broken end I get no DB errors, just zero in the collection.

Now, more interesting.  On the broken machine, if I enter the
collection setup, set it to localhost (which has no DB) and click ok,
then go back to the collection setup and enter the remote machine with
the collection it shows up!  But only till I close/reopen Amarok, then
it is  gone again.