Set tags on songs

Thu Feb 1 12:21:07 UTC 2007

Hello,
something I am missing in amarok is support for tagging songs.

You define a list a tags like "romantic", "powerfull", "slow", ..
Now you have a entry in the context menu like "Add tag" -> {romantic,
powerfull, slow, ...} and of course "Remove tag" if any are already given.

Now you can create dynamic playlists based upon tagging with logical
expressions:
(romantic OR slow) not sad

Of course this can partly also achieved with playlists but I rather like this
tagging concept. The only way to add a song to a playlist that I found out is
to drag-drop a song over, which is IMO much too complicated. Why can't I add
a song to a playlist from the context menu.

what do think about my ideas?

Thanks,

Florian