how to prevent file name changes during transfer to media device

Bob bob at mroczka.com
Sun Dec 16 16:47:33 UTC 2007

My mp3 collection is organized as /mp3/artist/album/song.mp3 on my
computer.  The artist, album, and song file names are all stored in
lower case.

Is there a way to configure amarok so it does not alter my mp3 file
names when it transfers them to my mp3 player?  The file names are
converted to mixed case and this is causing an issue.

When I create playlists the proper file names are used as I can play
them on my computer but after I save the playlist file to the device the
files can't be found for two reasons.  The first is because of the
conversion of the path and file names during the transfer and the second
is because the leading paths to the files are not changed to accomodate
the top level folder name on the mp3 device.

The later issue is easily fixed by going into an editor on the resulting
m3u file but it would be nice to not have to make this change if amarok
could do it.

Thanks...   Bob