[Feedback] Sleep timer and visualisations for Amarok

DoDoEntertainment at gmail.com DoDoEntertainment at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 03:07:07 UTC 2007

Nenad Mikša sent a message using the contact form at
http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.

Hello everyone!
Since I've switched to Linux, I've been amazed by Amarok. It's a really
awesome music player and I use it every day. But so far, I still haven't
figured out some of the features of Amarok. In Winamp, for example, I can
download and install plugin "sleep timer" which automatically stops playing
music at a given time or shuts down or suspends computer. I'm curious if
Amarok has such a feature? If it doesn't, how to make workarounds? For
stopping the music playing or shutting down the computer is possible to
write a shell script, but how can one implement wake-up feature, which will
start playing music at a given time?
And about the visualizations plugins: I've seen that Amarok has some
visualizations, but is it possible to load multiple visualizations and then
automatically switch among them at random order while playing music (a
feature of Winamp)?
Thank you in advance!