[Feedback] DBus Interface Needed Enhancements

Sébastien Laoût slaout at linux62.org
Wed Aug 15 11:00:18 UTC 2007

rich at hq.vsaa.lv wrote:
> On 2007.08.11. 23:42, Sébastien Laoût wrote:
> > I would add those "requierements":
> >
> > I want to implement "Party Lock" to lock the screen when playing full
> > screen during a party (like a screensaver can lock the screen).
> > But this locking forbid guests to browse the music collection in Amarok,
> > pick the artist they want...
> > So I would like to add an iPod-like browsing: show a list of artists, when
> > clicking one, animate and show a list of all albums of that artist, etc.
>
> i might have misunderstood you, but there already is such a collection
> browsing interface - see buttons at the top of the collection browser.

Yes, it exists in Amarok.

But I would want to implement it in a full screen display, used during
parties.
So during parties, to avoid people messing arround on the computer, the full
screen interface is locked the same way a screensaver can lock the session.
So Amarok is not available in that context.
That's why I wanted to implement a short interface for people in the party to
be able to choose and play the songs they want, without compromising the
computer security.