[Feedback] DBus Interface Needed Enhancements

Reigo Reinmets reigo.reinmets at hot.ee
Sun Aug 5 07:51:48 UTC 2007

Hei Markey and the Team!

The way you should go (based on my tiny brains opinion) is simple:

Create a fresh new set of calls and signals etc, remove the
inconsistencies etc.. If i remember correctly, DCOP allowed nesting of
the calls right? like putting them into "folders".. Actualy it was a
Class Structure i think.. argh i've been away from the code too long.

Anyway, if you can, you could but move the old calls into
"old/playlist/next" style hirearchy.. though its much work.

But Leave the old DCOP / D-BUS calls and mark them Depracated and a note
that will be removed in Amarok 2.1 or smth...

Amarok 2.0 is a "Whole New Sexperience" in my opinion, nobody expects
you to keep supremely good backwards compatibility.. Imho Backward
compatibility should NEVER EVER disrupt the work of the new developments
etc.. So if its old and in the way, get rid of it! :)

Just my 0.02$
Xatax