Long playlist causes long startup

Andrew Ash ash211 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 21:33:20 UTC 2007

A ubuntu user [1] is having problems with Amarok taking a long time
(60sec) to startup when having a rather large playlist already open
(~4400 files).  The user found that decreasing the playlist size
directly corresponds with the time taken on startup.  I was wondering
if there was any work being done to optimize Amarok in this respect
recently.

I've been watching this mailing list for a while now and haven't seen
any mention of work being done to improve startup time for a while.
The SQLite update seems like it will improve speed with the database,
but I don't think that translates into speed with playlists.

Is there any developments being made on this front that will appear in
the future? I was wondering more specifically if there were going to
be any proposed speed optimizations in the coming Amarok 1.4.6.

Thanks
Andrew Ash

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/amarok/+bug/108573