DCOP Function Request

Dan Meltzer hydrogen at notyetimplemented.com
Tue Apr 17 03:25:15 UTC 2007

On Monday 16 April 2007 11:10:31 pm Scott Howard wrote:
> Dear Amarok Team,
>
> I'm currently using the fvwm window manager, and I was wanting to add
> a menu to change the song using DCOP and Amarok. The only function I
> saw in DCOP was to change the song by playlist ID. I was wondering if
> a function could be added to take two parameters: QString artist,
> QString song. If the song exists in the collection, return 0 and
> switch to that song. If it doesn't, return 1 and do nothing.
>
> I've downloaded the source for the current stable version and will
> work on this during my spare time, but I don't have much. Is it
> possible this could be added to the next release? If I end up writing
> it, can I submit the code for review by the Amarok team?

Have you tried `dcop amarok playlist playMedia UrlToFile ?

I could see how the function you are suggesting would be useful but at the
same time it probably makes sense to wait until 2.0 to add it (1.4 is
bugfix-only at this point).  You may want to wait until amarok2 gets into
beta (or if you are feeling adventurous you can try and build it now
following http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/2.0_Development_HowTo ).