Amarok, web service idea

Christophe Gravier cgravier at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 22:54:15 UTC 2007

Well, thanks Ian and Leo, I didn't find this before posting :s

It is indeed a very good news ! This is how amarok is and will make the
listening experience unique ;-)

Regarding legal issues that Paulo raised, I must admit I was sharing this
fear while writing my original mail, but intentionally did not mention it at
first, to see how it turns out. For Paulos raising this issue confirms my
fears I think :/
Nonetheless, I think what goes for lyrics, goes the same for partitures,
doens't it ? It depends on country or/and licences ? I mean, was there any
checking regarding lyrics for example ?

Please see: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4508158.stm

Well, just my 2 cents... Isn't it a major issue for web services related to
the songs for amarok ? (whatever it could be: lyrics, tabs, covers (?),
...). I'll guess we only have right to set the link to stores from which we
would buy lyrics ans so on .... :-/

Regards,

Christophe

--
Le camembert ça sent pas si mauvais que ça : y'a des hommes qui puent tout
autant, qui sentent mauvais dedans.