Auto-queueing Sequential Tracks

Kimball Robinson zwokkqxpozgc+nznebxRznvyYvfg1 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 01:54:07 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 20:42, Ian Monroe wrote:
> Mode->Random->Albums

Thanks, but no.  Mode->Random->Albums would be a kludgy way to do it:  I have
a single album in which each score or peice is separated into several tracks.
For example, here is a short playlist showing three files (tracks) which
together are *one* peice, Bach's little fugue in G Minor.  The album itself
covers many artists, genres, and styles, so the above suggestion does not
work.
/music_an_appreciation/1_68-bach__little_fugue_in_g_minor__01.ogg
/music_an_appreciation/1_69-bach__little_fugue_in_g_minor__02.ogg
/music_an_appreciation/1_70-bach__little_fugue_in_g_minor__03.ogg

The entire CD is full of similarly separated peices.  I do *not* want to play
the entire album together using album-random mode.  I want to play just this
sequence of tracks, together, anytime the first track is queued.

To explain this even furhter, if my dynamic playlist (let's call it "Baroque
Music") randomly added track 1_68 to the list, then tracks 1_69 and 1_70
should be added as well, in the proper order.  However, I do NOT want to
queue the file 4_65-bernstein__west_side_story_tonight_ensemble__02.ogg since
it is an entirely different genre and should NOT be in my collection of
Baroque music.

Possible solutions include being able to group files not just by album but by
other tags, and using the above mentioned solution;  another option would be
the capability of a third party script to recognize the presence of track
2_06 and replace it with the entire group...

Another solution might be to allow for ripping of multiple tracks as one
track, though this is far less than optimal: the music appreciation cd offers
the separation of tracks for study purposes as well.

--
-Kimball Robinson
(bluekb on irc.freenode.net)