can't seem to be able to compile phonon-xine

desso at ono.com desso at ono.com
Fri Apr 6 13:00:46 UTC 2007

Hey Group;

I have just installed KDE trunk (kdelibs+kdepimlibs+kdebase+kdenetwork+kdemultimedia) from svn -just couldn't wait any longer :D - so the next thing I could think of was installing amarok 2 ... but I couldn't build the phonon-xine backend; I followed the exact steps at http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/2.0_Development_HowTo#Phonon but ...

[kde-devel at desso kdemultimedia]$ pwd
/home/kde-devel/kde/src/KDE/kdemultimedia
[kde-devel at desso kdemultimedia]$ cd phonon-xine-build/
[kde-devel at desso phonon-xine-build]$ ls
[kde-devel at desso phonon-xine-build]$ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KDEDIR ../kdemultimedia && make && make install
CMake Error: The source directory "/home/kde-devel/kde/src/KDE/kdemultimedia/kdemultimedia" does not exist.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.

so I then tried this:

[kde-devel at desso phonon-xine-build]$ mkdir ~/kde/src/KDE/kdemultimedia/kdemultimedia
[kde-devel at desso phonon-xine-build]$ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KDEDIR ../kdemultimedia && make && make install
CMake Error: The source directory "/home/kde-devel/kde/src/KDE/kdemultimedia/kdemultimedia" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.

Any help on bulding the phonon-xine backend please ? I really want to try out amarok 2 and phonon :D.

PS: Keep up the good work! Amarok rullz!