m4a/aac vs. xine

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Mon Apr 2 21:34:55 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've tried to be diligent about hunting stuff down, so hopefully this
isn't a faq, but I ripped most of my library with iTunes originally in
using the aac codec. Using amarok with I guess your xine glue library
decodes some of them -- I'd say about half -- but not all of them.
The odd thing is that if I just play the track with xine itself, the
tracks that amarok complains about xine plays just fine. And as far
as I remember, I didn't change any of the settings with iTunes along
the way which makes it more odd that it's some that don't play rather
than all or none.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm at the latest release of
amarock according to yum (this is fc6 on an amd64 dual core dell
box) which is 1.4.5.

The exact error message I'm getting is:

Error Loading Media
No suitable demux plugin. This often means that the file format is not
supported.
file:///var/local/minimac/mike/Abbado_CSO/Mahler_ Symphony %231/._01 1.
Langsam. Schleppend..m4a

         thanks, Mike