slow search in 3k Playlist

Nick Tryon dhraak at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 19:55:29 UTC 2006

This comes up every so often.  The main issue is that Amarok is not
really designed for huge, all-collection playlists like that.  It's
more efficient to search/filter in the collection browser to find
particular tracks to add to the playlist or use the smart playlist and
dynamic playlist features for longer-duration random play.

On the other hand, if you would still prefer the itunes-like way of
having the entire collection in the 'playlist' and playing based on a
filter, JuK, which comes with the kdemultimedia package, might be more
to your liking.