[OT] Help to find the covers by SQL

Iñaki ibc2 at euskalnet.net
Sun Sep 24 18:35:58 UTC 2006

Hello, I'm developing a small Rails web application to show the Amarok MySQL
collection.

My only problem is to find the cover filename of each album. I want to show
the files of 150px in "$HOME/.kde/share/apps/amarok/albumcovers/cache".

There is a table "embed" containing some of these entries, but there are just
a few of them. But in "albumcovers/cache" there exist all the covers.

If I do:

#dcop amarok player coverImage
$HOME/.kde/share/apps/amarok/albumcovers/cache/150 at a31d174279231e802f9599ed114c8c98

the MySQL log says:

SELECT embed.hash FROM tags LEFT JOIN embed ON tags.url = embed.url  AND
tags.deviceid = embed.deviceid WHERE tags.url = './home/ibc/Musica/Chimaira -
Pass Out Of Existence/13_-_Options.mp3' AND tags.deviceid = -1 ORDER BY hash
DESC LIMIT 1

But if I repeat the same query in MySQL client I get an empty response: that
entry is not in "embed" table. So, how can "dcop" find the cover URL??

Of course, my web app wont use "dcop" command because it must work even if
Amarok is not running, so it only can use the Amarok database to retrieve the
data.

Could someone tell me how to get the cover URL for all the albums using MySQL?
or maybe using other methods but without the need of Amarok running?

Thanks a lot for any help.

--
Iñaki