moodbar question

Joe Rabinoff rabinoff at post.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 21 16:34:28 UTC 2006

> Also, is there a quick and easy way to rename/move old moodbar files
> from before the naming conventions changed?  And do .mood files get
> moved when switching between storing them in .kde and storing them
> with the music?

Yes and yes.

Assuming you have all your music on one device (let's say /data/music, with
deviceid 1), and that your mood files are stored in ~/.kde (otherwise the
file naming convention was not changed since I made the mood-with-music files
hidden), a one-line bash command run from ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/moods/
like:
 for file in *.mood ; do mv $file `echo $file | sed s/,data,music/1,./` ; done
should do the trick.  And if they're stored on more than one device, just do
the above for each one.  An easy way to figure out the device number is to
calculate a mood and look at what the mood file is named.

If you change whether mood files are stored with music it'll copy existing
mood files from one place to the other.

I hope this helps!
Joe