Dude. Nice app! My laptop is really useable now.

John A. Muller jamuller at verizon.net
Fri Sep 15 02:49:43 UTC 2006

Seriously.  Amarok has made the computing experience exactly what I
expect it to be.  Over the course of the last 15 years, I've used (at
least) 11 different platforms and 7 graphic window managers/operating
environments.

They all have their cool parts, and I was beginning to think that I'd
never be satisfied, but wow.  Wow.  Here I am, running Debian GNU/Linux,
with KDE, and I'm thinking, "Hmmm.  This is pretty cool, but the music
part is missing," and *shazam* in comes Amarok.  I'm speechless.  Which
is OK, because there's music now.

It was really easy; just an apt-get and I'm off and running -- I
agonized for like 25 minutes about which database to use, but I figure
if you've already got SQLite compiled in, why would I screw with that
(and to be totally honest, after I apt-got it, the Wiki seemed like I
would have to recompile and, well, I'm getting further and further away
from make-installing anything every day).  But it's all awesome.  I love
it.  My iPod (a new 30 GB video) came right up!!  It's all super
fantastic.

Thanks!!!

Really, way to go.  I'm rocking out to the new Snow Patrol right now. I
even bought it legally!  Thanks a million.

Music soothes the savage beast.

John Muller
Boston, MA, USA

Running: