Amarok 2 Mockup

Rich rich at hq.vsaa.lv
Thu Sep 14 07:33:25 UTC 2006

Max Howell wrote:
>> Is top-right filter field meant to filter the playlist? Cause it's not so
>> clear right now.
>
> Yes, and I forgot to add the grey text saying "Playlist Filter" so that
> would have helped. But also eventually I'd like to propose that filter
> filters everything all at once. Collection, other browsers, playlist,
> maybe even highlighting in the context browser.

hilighting in the context browser could be a nice addition for all
filters, but having a single filter for all places would be bad. or did
you mean the upper filter becomes "global" filter and other filters stay
in place ? if so, it could be pretty confusing if something is entered
in two filter fields.

i suppose "group by", age filter and other stuff from the collection
browser is just not included for now, not suggested for removal, right ?

playing track marking was pretty hard to notice at first - and it seems
that it takes already precious horizontal space in the playlist.

i don't like the main toolbar - but not because of the look or
something, but because it takes so much space without giving any
functionality or information in those spaces.

overall i am slightly surprised that i like such a layout ;)

hmm, about that main toolbar... i think i understood why i would prefer
it being at the bottom - my taskbar is at the bottom, so whenever i
switch to amarok my cursor is already near all the main controls. if it
was at the top, that would require moving across whole desktop.

--
  Rich