Amarok 2 Mockup

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Thu Sep 14 01:11:24 UTC 2006

On 9/13/06, Max Howell <max.howell at methylblue.com> wrote:
> I was struck by some inspiration of late, so I made a mockup, which is
> somewhat a culmination of mine, and other people's ideas at k3m and things.
>
> May I suggest, view the mockup fullscreen so my colour scheme doesn't
> clash with yours. Kuickshow can do this if you push Enter.
>
> http://methylblue.com/images/amarok_2_mockup.png

Well the obvious question is where are the file and media device browsers.

I'm not really sure what I think about the playlist layout, which I
think is really the most radical change. My first reaction is that I
don't like it: would be complicated to customize. Though it would be a
nice way to dodge the whole "column is too narrow to be of use to
anyone" issue.

Anyways what all this is making me realize is that while I do not
think we should make the interface super-customizaable, I think it
would be good as we start Amarok 2.0 to think about how to make the
code flexible enough to allow programmer experimentation with
different sorts of layouts. Just something to keep in mind.

Ian Monroe