Amarok vs Gstreamer

paulc2 at optonline.net paulc2 at optonline.net
Tue Sep 5 20:47:32 UTC 2006

(1) you need to modify these files:

- amarok/configure.in.in
- amarok/configure.in.bot
- amarok/src/engine/Makefile.am
- amarok/src/engine/gst10/Makefile.am

you should be able to figure out what needs to be uncommented.

(2) just run it from the command line.

BTW, it already works, but there are issues.  The most vexing one I've come
across so far is this:

on some Gentoo systems (I have this happening on 2 gentoo systems right
now, but
there are other gentoo users that work fine) everything sets up fine and there
are no errors, until you try to set the pipeline to "PLAYING".  That
fails. You don't get to the error bus, so all you know is that the
state couldn't be
changed, and there is no way to obtain any information about what about the
pipeline prevents it from changing the state.

Now, here's the catch: the same pipeline (minus the equalizer) plays just fine
in gst-launch, and the very same code works fine on other distros, Arch being
the other one I'm using most often.  (I've tried removing the equalizer from
the pipeline in the amarok engine, but same result, so it doesnt seem
to be the
culprit).

ATM, I'm pretty stumped, so if you or anyone on this list has any ideas...

Paul