configure error

Bret Jordan Bret.Jordan at utah.edu
Tue Sep 5 15:11:35 UTC 2006

Dear Developers,

I am having problems getting amarok to configure.  It keeps complaining that it can not find the library for taglib.  I read the README file and followed what it said to do, i.e. export the PKG_CONFIG_PATH with the location of the laglib pkg file.  (note the pkg-config tool is able to find it and query its settings).  I have also read through the forums looking for ideas.

I have compiled taglib from source (both a static and a shared library) with the following commands:

# Build static version
CFLAGS="-static" \
  CPPFLAGS="-I$PREFIX/include/" \
  LDFLAGS="-static -L$PREFIX/lib/" \
  ./configure \
    --prefix=$PREFIX \
    --enable-static

make
make install

make clean
make distclean

# Build shared version
CPPFLAGS="-I$PREFIX/include/" \
  LDFLAGS="-L$PREFIX/lib/" \
  ./configure \
    --prefix=$PREFIX \
    --enable-shared

I am trying to configure amarok with the following:

CPPFLAGS="-I$PREFIX/include/" \
  LDFLAGS="-L$PREFIX/lib/" \
  ./configure \
    --prefix=$PREFIX \
    --with-extra-includes=$PREFIX/include/ \
    --with-extra-libs=$PREFIX/lib/ \
    --with-libgpod

It just gives me an error no matter what I do.

Bret