Lame encoded MP3s show wrong playtime

Mark Kretschmann markey at web.de
Mon Sep 4 13:52:17 UTC 2006

On Monday 04 September 2006 14:50, Matthias Keller wrote:
> I ripped a CD using lame, but whatever I try with --preset and the like,
> amarok always displays a wrong playtime (which is approx 5x too long).
> The file-properties tab from within konqueror shows the wrong time too
> tough Is this a bug in some library used by amarok? How can I determine
> where it is ??

It's because you ripped it with VBR, but without adding the XING header.
That's bad, since the player can only guess the length without this header.
Check the LAME docs to find out how to enable it the next time.

Anyway, you can try to fix the files with my Mp3Fixer script, from
kde-apps.org. Don't forget to make a backup first.

--
Mark