Potentially some Xine Engine bugs

Andrew Turner andrewturner512 at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 1 16:08:28 UTC 2006

As far as I understand it, that ALSA configuration you posted doesn't
use dmix. That's why, if your soundcard can't do hardware mixing, you
are having these problems.

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_ALSA_sound_mixer_aka_dmix#Advanced_Configuration

Have a look at this guide - the particular part I've linked to looks
like it can be used to give dmix for a chosen soundcard (eg hw:1,0).
If you add in a pcm.!default section like in some of the other
examples, you can also make it the default sound device, should you
want that.

Hope this helps,
Andrew