Magnatune store problems (no bug:-)

Marcel Hilzinger mhilzinger at linuxnewmedia.de
Tue Oct 31 17:21:44 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, 31. Oktober 2006 18:14 schrieb Ian Monroe:
> On 10/31/06, Marcel Hilzinger <mhilzinger at linuxnewmedia.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I had a look at the new music store within amarok. I think it's a great
> > idea, but there is some room for improovement. I didn't buy an album yet,
> > because of the following questions:
> >
> > 1. What do I buy, if I buy? Is it a CD (hardware?), MP3-, OGG- or FLAC
> > files? These _very important_ information is missing from the buy dialog
>
> You buy a link to where you can download it in a variety of formats.
> And you get a few links to send to your friends as well.

Thanks. I think theese Informations should be added to the dialog as well. At
least I do not like to click on "Buy album" without knowing what I will
really get and where my credit card data is sent to.

> > 2. How is the payment done? Is the data sent over https?  The whole
> > dialog does not look very secure. Maybe an second button "Buy over
> > browser" could help here.
>
> Communication happens over HTTPS. Probably should indicate this somehow.
Yes, seems important for me. Maybe a nice "security protection shield" would
make the dialog more sexy, too ;-)

> > 3. Why can I not buy in Euro?
>
> USDs are cheap, don't complain! :)
>
> Thats probably something to seriously look into.
>
> > Keep up the good work!
+1
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,