sharing the '.kde/share/apps/amarok' directory

Greg Meyer greg at gkmweb.com
Sat Oct 28 17:41:26 UTC 2006

On Saturday 28 October 2006 11:38 am, Rodrigo Canellas wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a directory '/home/musica' in a computer called 'wayne', and as
> I am responsible for passing my family CD collection to '.ogg' files,
> the '.kde/share/apps/amarok' was created in my home directory.
>
> I installed a old notebook, called 'allen', in the living-room to be
> used as a jukebox, and I would like that all the information about the
> musics, specially the cover images, stayed in the main computer.
>
> So this is what I did:
>
> 1 - In 'wayne:/etc/exports' there is:
>
> /home/musica    192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0(rw)
>
> 2 - I moved my 'amarok' directory inside '.kde/share/apps/' to
> '/home/musica/.amarok'

You can't put a sqlite database on an nfs partition, it won't work.  You are
better off using mysql as the database, and then having only one computer
(yours) update the collection.

Because the sql server should be accessible by anyone on the lan, you will all
share statstics and stuff.

The other oprion if you don't want to do that, is export the nfs share and
just let each local computer create it's own local database.
--
Greg