Collection Update

Stuart Neill stuart at neill.ukfsn.org
Mon Oct 23 16:13:23 UTC 2006

On Sunday 22 October 2006 23:34, Seb Ruiz wrote:
> So you are saying that all the tracks still have their own statistics,
> but the "tool > statistics" is inaccurate?

That would be exactly what I would be saying were it not that I am using
version 1.3.8 on SLED 10 (something I omitted to mention) so the statistics
only show up in the windows of the context panel.

Actually, on further reflection, I find that statistics for a small minority
of tracks was not transfered when the 160GB of flac files was flying about,
therefore information on newest and least played  albums may be accurate as
far as Amarok can tell.

The window for Favourite Tracks by Artist remains a problem however as it now
seems to be being built from scratch for each Artist despite the fact that
individual tracks show accurately transfered statistical information.

> On 23/10/06, Stuart Neill <stuart at neill.ukfsn.org> wrote:
> > I bought a new hard drive yesterday to act as a slave for my music
> > collection. After installing  the drive I went to the Amarok settings and
> > checked the scan folders recursively and watch folders for changes boxes.
> > Then I proceeded to move all my music files from the various nooks and
> > crannies of the file system where I had been obliged to put them when
> > rapidly running out of disk space.
> >
> > I now have an Amarok system where all the statistics on individual files
> > have been moved over (e.g. score, first played, last played, number of
> > times played). However other statistics have been lost (e.g. favourite
> > albums, favourite tracks by an artist, least played).
> >
> > It is slightly odd playing a track with a score of 90 and seeing that my
> > supposed favourite track (actually the only track played since the move)
> > scores 75.
> >
> > Is there anything I can do to get things back in sync.
> > --
> > Stuart Neill

Stuart Neill