Stable DCOP Interface For Listing Collection Contents?

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Thu Oct 19 03:24:57 UTC 2006

Max--

I don't think there is currently (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but one
could probably be implemented fairly trivially, with a caveat: with a large
collection, spitting the data out may cause some freezing of the GUI thread.

One problem with this, however, is: what data should be spat out (just artist
and song, or artist, song, genre, year...)?  How should the data be separated
(commas are a bad idea since some song titles or artist names may have them,
so semicolons?  something else?)?

--Jeff