systray icon animation, [was: greetings]

Seb Ruiz me at sebruiz.net
Thu Oct 12 18:08:45 UTC 2006

Hi!
I don't have much time to provide my full opinion, but here are some
thoughts to take into account.  The systray icon is a 16x16 sized
pixel, so a clock based widget would be too difficult to read quickly
and easily, since the notification size is only half of that of the
icon on average.

For a long time the counter was from empty to full, to indicate that
the track was progressing in playtime. The suddenly it changed to be
the other way around, and I found it very confusing. I generally know
when the song has started, due to osd and common sense, but it is more
difficult to judge the time elapsed when the systray icon is in a
faded out state, than a filled state.

I'm not sure if any of that made any sense, I'm pretty tired :)

Rocking Roktober!
Seb

http://www.sebruiz.net/