2 request from my friends

simon s7mon at web.de
Thu Oct 12 14:12:42 UTC 2006

If by MPC you mean the musepack format, this already works in
xine/amarok. At least for most tracks.
And rescanning the collection can take some time, depending on how big
your collection is and if it is local or over a network connection - or
do you mean something else?

For learning programming there are plenty of ressources out there.
For example: http://developer.kde.org/documentation/books/index.html and
http://women.kde.org/articles/

--

Greetings,